Removing Red Wine Stains in 5 Steps
A glass of red wine stains your clothing. We’ve all experienced it. That slow-motion moment of horror as the wine glass topples over and spills red wine all over the nearest absorbent surface that happens to be your favorite blouse, dress, linen, or other (most often white) surface now covered with a massive red wine stain. Removing red wine stains from clothing is possible using the right advice.
These steps apply to the following fabrics: Acrylic, Cotton, Polyester, Nylon, Lycra/Spandex, Rayon
- Rinse in cold water to dilute the stain and prevent it from
- Wash in the warmest water safe for the garment.
- If necessary, follow up with a wash in color-safe bleach
or liquid chlorine bleach for whites.
- Air dry and check the garment for any remaining stain.
- Repeat procedure if necessary before placing in dryer.
Note: Some garments have specific cleaning instructions. Before you set out to remove stains, make sure you read the label instructions